GROUP A REFLECTIONS – WEEK 25TH – 28TH NOVEMBER 2014.
With Christmas fast approaching , Christmas preparations have started so we are very busy at Kindergarten.
We have started to make our decorations to make our room look festive and beautiful, and will continue to do this. We are making our official invitations to our Christmas party on Thursday 18th December at 1.00 p.m. – you will receive these in a few days. We will be learning some special songs we will be singing for you, and will also be making some special gifts for you. It is very difficult to keep everything secret, so please try to not look or listen sometimes !
This is a very exciting time , particularly when combined with School Orientation days which the children are having at the moment- so we are also having some quiet familiar activities which will give the children opportunities to relax.
The children were very excited to discover our first Silkworm moths had hatched, and more are hatching every day, the next step in the cycle is for the moths to mate, then lay eggs, then they will die – the life cycle is complete. I will keep these eggs until Springtime next year when the process will happen all over again. This has been a wonderful hands on learning experience for the children who have been able to observe a complete life cycle happening , and this has led to discussions about other life cycles – life in action! By the way have you noticed how much the Stick Insect in our room is growing ?
When we look around our room or the playground at the moment- we are delighted to see just what we have been working towards during the year – the children working busily and happily with each other, talking happily, helping each other , sharing ideas, co-operating with each other (most of the time) and following through their ideas, listening to each other, respecting each other, taking an active part in our Kindergarten, confident in their own abilities. They have developed into responsible members of our Group, curious, interested, confident, wanting to learn , and wanting to have fun together. As Educators, we can stand back and watch this happening just the way it should be.
Some Reminders –
· Our last normal day of Kindergarten – Wednesday 17th December.
· Our Christmas Party - Thursday 18th December 1.00 p.m.
· Clean up day at Kindergarten on Friday 19th December – we would love some help , even an hour of your time – this is a huge job.
· We will soon be putting out a suggested food list for our party, please put your names on this list.
· Have you returned your Transition Statements – I need these , as you will then receive the complete package for your signature of approval – this will then be forwarded to the Schools, you will receive a copy for your records.
What will happen next week ?
Group A Educators – Margot, Ann and Lisa.