We are right back into Term 2- with the much cooler weather but that certainly doesn’t stop us enjoying the outdoors. The children have been using baskets and collecting all the autumn leaves outside which has started our discussions about seasons. With the colder weather please have a very warm clothing readily available, we also recommend gumboots so we can jump in puddles!
We have started Music and Dance class and Jess (who covered me while I was sick) reported back telling me how the much the children enjoyed it. In dance class the children found all kinds of insects hidden beneath the flowers and the children pretended to move like insects practising body co-ordination and using the space of the room. They had small pots so they could plant their own flowers and talking/demonstrating all the things we need to know about how we ‘grow’ things. In Music they learnt ‘Farmer in the Dell’ they used hand puppets and adopted the farm animal characters. We are very lucky to have Karen every Thursday and Kylie each fortnight on a Friday morning.
We have started to enjoy using all the wonderful materials we got from recycle art; making things from sponges, rings, bottle tops, cylinders and all kinds of treasures! We are getting VERY creative…..
- Please bring lots of boxes to kinder for our ‘making table’
- The fruit duty roster is very ‘empty’ please try to put your name down at least once for the term
- Does your child have a ‘pillow’?
- Make sure you take sheets as they are no longer required
- If your child is sick they must stay home until they are fully recovered. If all families do this we will avoid spreading it to everyone
Ext Hrs Team